In this tutorial we will show you how to set up L2TP VPN on Windows 10 but first let’s see what are our requirements and recommendations.
In order to set up the L2TP VPN you will need:
- A RayaVPN account. If you don’t have one you can try our services now.
- Your VPN username, password and VPN server address. You can find them in your account on our website, by going to your package.
If you want to set up L2TP VPN manually, go step-by-step through following instructions:
If you still want to set up L2TP VPN manually, go step-by-step through following instructions:
L2TP VPN Setup Instructions
- From the lower right corner click on “Action Center” icon (1). Then press on “VPN” (2).
- This will open “Network & Internet” settings window. Click on “Add a VPN connection” (3).
- On the next page fill the fields with the following settings:VPN provider – Windows (built-in) (4).“Connection name” (5) – Give a memorable name to this connection. For example name it “RayaVPN L2TP”.“Server name or address” (6) – type server name or address you want to connect. You can find the whole list in your account, under the “Package details”.
“VPN type” (7) – select “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPSec (L2TP/IPSec)”.
“Type of sign-in info” (8) – select User name and password.
In the “User name” (9) and “Password” (10) fields type your VPN username and password. You can find them in your account on our website, by going to your package. Make sure you use your VPN username and password and NOT the website account credentials.
Check all selected data once again and press “Save” (11).
- Now you can see your VPN connection (12) was created.
- After that you have to set up Key for Authentication. Right-Click on the monitor or Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right-hand corner. Then Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center” (13).
- Click on “Change adapter settings” (14).
- Right click on the VPN connection and go to “Properties” (15).
- Go to “Security” tab (16). Here select “Allow these protocols” (17) and check “Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)” (18). After that go to “Advanced settings” (19).
- In the following window select “Use preshared key for authentication” (20) and in the “Key” field (21) type: 123456. Click “OK” (22). Also click “OK” in the next window. Now your L2TP VPN connection is created and all traffic will be encrypted.
- To connect to L2TP protocol click ok Network icon (Wi-Fi or wired) and click on the desired VPN connection.
- This will open your “Network and Internet” settings. Click on desired VPN connection and press on “Connect” button (23).