In this tutorial we will show you how to set up L2TP VPN on Windows Vista but first let’s see what are our requirements and recommendations.
In order to set up the L2TP VPN you will need:
- A RayaVPN account. If you don’t have one you can try our services now.
- Your VPN username, password and VPN server address. You can find them in your account on our website, by going to your package.
If you want to set up L2TP VPN manually, go step-by-step through following instructions:
L2TP VPN Setup instructions
- First, go to the “Start” Menu and click on “Connect To” (1) option.
- Click on “Set up a connection or network” (2) link from the bottom of the window.
- Select “Connect to a workplace” (3) and click “Next” (4).
- From the next screed select “Use my Internet connection (VPN)” (5) option.
- In the “Internet Address” filed (6) type the IP address of the RayaVPN server you want to connect to. You can find all the available servers in the package details in your account. In the “Destination Name” field (7) type a desired name, we recommend: RayaVPN. Click “Next” (8).
- Type your VPN username (9) and password (10). You can find them in your account on our website, by going to your package. Make sure you use your VPN username and password and NOT the website account credentials. Click “Connect” (11).
- The “You are connected” message should be displayed. This means that you have successfully created the RayaVPN connection. Now you can see RayaVPN connection in the Connect to a network screen. Right click on it and select “Properties” from the menu.
- Go to “Networking” tab (12) and on “Type of VPN” select “L2TP/IPsec” option (13). Click on “IPsec Settings…” (14).
- Select “Use preshared key for authentication” (15) and type “123456” (16) into the “Key” field. Click “OK” (17).
- Click “OK” (18) to save the settings.
- That’s all! To connect to RayaVPN server double click on the connection icon and press the “Connect” button. If you did not save your User and Password you will be asked to enter them.
To disconnect right click on the connection icon and select “Disconnect” from the menu.
When you want to connect to RayaVPN, just double–click on the connection and click the ‘Connect’ button. Enter your username and password (if you didn’t save it), and you’ll connect!
To disconnect from a VPN connection, right-click the icon for the connection then click “Disconnect”.