In this tutorial we will show you how to set up PPTP VPN on Windows 7 but first let’s see what are our requirements and recommendations.
In order to set up the PPTP VPN you will need:
- A RayaVPN account. If you don’t have one you can try our services now.
- Your VPN username, password and VPN server address. You can find them in your account on our website, by going to your package.
If you want to set up PPTP VPN manually, go step-by-step through following instructions:
PPTP VPN Setup Instructions
- Open “Networks and Sharing Center” (1) from “Control Panel”.
- Then choose “Set up a new connection or Network” (2).
- Choose “Connect to a workplace” (3) and click “Next” (4).
- Click on “Use my Internet connection (VPN)” (5).
- In “Internet address” field (6) type the IP address of a RayaVPN server. You can find all the available servers in the package details in your account. In “Destination name” (7) field type RayaVPN.Also check the “Don’t connect now; just set it up so I can connect later” (8).Click “Next” (9).
- Enter your VPN username (10) and password (11). You can find them in your account on our website, by going to your package. Make sure you use your VPN username and password and NOT the website account credentials. Click “Create” (12)
- You should see this screen next. Click the “Close” (13) button to return to the “Network and Internet” screen.
- Click on “Connect to a network” (14).
- In the Connect to a network screen, you should see the RayaVPN connection that you have just set up. Right click on it and select “Properties” (15).
- Select “Security” Tab (16).On “Type of VPN” (17) select: “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)”.On “Data Encryption” (18) select “Optional encryption (connect even if no encryption)”.Select “Allow these protocols” (19) and check following boxes: “Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)” and “Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)” (20).
Click on the “OK” button (21).
- Select “Networking” Tab (22).Put the tickles as it’s shown on the following picture (23).Click on the “OK” button (24).
The connection is now ready to use. In order to connect/disconnect to RayaVPN right click on the connection icon (viewable at Change adapter settings) and select connect/disconnect.
To disconnect from a VPN connection, right-click the icon for the connection, and then click “Disconnect”.